The wines of Granada are unified, a new hallmark of Vino de Granada

Winemakers in the province of Granada can launch their wines to the market with a new identification label that groups wines made anywhere in the province, from now on the new identity sign on the labels is called Pomegranate wine.

The geographical origin of each wine, whether from Granada South-West, from the north or from Contraviesa-Alpujarra, will be indicated under that denomination. This is another step that seeks to consolidate in the market the quality of the wines that are made in the province, for this, nothing better than providing an accreditation that recognizes the Wine of Granada as a quality Denomination of Origin, although to achieve The denomination is still missing some years. The winemaking identity is important and it is expensive to obtain it, but in addition, the wines that are made in Granada are the tail of the Spanish wine, not for its quality, but for its late incorporation into the so-called industrial wine revolution during the last quarter of the century XX.

A good red wine that we enjoyed some time ago was the Burgundy Garnet that produces the Barranco Oscuro Winery, it is a wine made with 70% tempranillo and a remaining 30% coupage. It turned out to be ideal in a tasting of tapas that we made, offers a great body, very intense aromas and a long aftertaste that showed its great character.

Surely there are many Granada wines that deserve to be known for the quality they offer, the work being done by the three associations of wine growers and wine producers, will eventually bear fruit and show the good work of the Granada.